Saturday 21 March 2015

Carlingford Lough

Spring is no longer just around the corner. The temperatures are on the rise, well during the day anyway, and the clocks change next weekend. Today I planned to meet with Liam for a walk along the Dee with maybe a few casts here and there. The weather, however, was very bright so any notions of trying for salmon were dispelled and I decided to take a run out to Carlingford Lough and try for some early season sea trout.

                                      








During the week I work in Omeath on  the shores of Carlingford Lough. My classroom overlooks the stunning lough with the Mourne mountains in the background and I have potentially top class sea trout fishing at my fingertips in the evenings. For some reason, since I started working in Omeath, I haven't really fished the sea lough all that much. I've resolved to fish it a bit more this year, especially during the week. 

Today I fished under very bright sun and had no luck with the trout. The tide was on the way out and the water was nice and clear. I saw one trout leap but as I said, no fish or takes. I'll keep my finger on the pulse though and hopefully it won't be too long until the sea trout fishing picks up.

No comments:

Post a Comment